ASIBA is organising a series of online Masterclasses for students in Seconde, Première and Terminale and we are looking for volunteers to run sessions.
The purpose of the Masterclasses is to give students a taste of what it might be like to study at university and to find out more about different careers. Outside speakers – experts in their field – present their ideas on a subject or topic and lead a discussion with students. The use of Zoom enables us to connect students and speakers across the globe.
Previous Masterclasses organised by individual schools include:
- The Nature of Soviet Totalitarianism with Professor Orlando Figes
- Contemporary French Politics with The Economist’s Paris Bureau Chief and author of “Revolution Française: Emmanuel Macron and the Quest to Reinvent a Nation”
- Climate change and energy transition with an Executive at EDF
- Law: analysing a case with a UK Barrister
- Developing Renewable Energy: a scientific researchers’ perspective with a lecturer in Earth Science at Cambridge University
- The world today: a view from China with The Economist’s China correspondent
The sessions usually take place in the evenings, from 19h00 – 20h00 CET, but they have also been held on the weekend to enable speakers in different time-zones to join us. The sessions can be in English or French.
We know that there is a great wealth of talent in the OIB community, and we would like to draw upon this for the benefit of all students across ASIBA schools and beyond.
We aim to organize around six Masterclasses per year and to cover a broad range of subjects and topics over a three-year period:
- Economics, Banking and Finance
- Business & Management, Marketing & Communications
- Climate change, sustainable development
- International Development
- History, Politics & Geo-politics
- Technology & Computer Science & AI
- Art / museums / culture / TV & Film
Volunteering as speaker
If you would be willing to volunteer to run a Masterclass on your specialist subject, please fill in the form below. Someone from ASIBA will then contact you. Thank you!