The French school « Lycée Vauban » in Luxembourg www.vauban.lu is seeking to appoint an experienced and passionate History and/or Geography teacher to join its British International Section which is part of the Modern Foreign Languages Department. The successful candidate may also be asked to teach English as a Foreign Language.
Please send your application to email@example.com.
– Even though your History and Geography classes are taught in English, your lessons will have to comply with the French National Curriculum. You will be working in pairs with a French colleague and will teach according to English standards. Pupils range from Key Stage 3 (aged 12) to Key Stage 5 (aged 18) and are studying in order to take the French Baccalaureate.
– You may also be expected to teach English as a Foreign Language in any Key Stage within the Modern Languages department.
Applicants should preferably be
– Qualified teachers with a Master’s Degree in History from an English-speaking country and/or Geography and/or English and/or French as a Foreign Language.
– Experienced in teaching Humanities using an anglo saxon pedagogical approach in terms of methodology.
– Keen on teamwork with a good sense of adaptability.
– Eager to join the Foreign Languages Department and ready to show full commitment.
– Some knowledge of the French Educational School System is not a must but definitely a plus.