FULL TIME – HEAD OF SECTION
La Celle-Saint-Cloud Noisy Le Roi
The Section Internationale La Celle-Saint-Cloud & Noisy le Roi is looking to hire a Head of Section to start during the summer of 2022.
About the school:
The Section Internationale La Celle-Saint-Cloud & Noisy le Roi, created in 2002 and accredited by the French Ministry of Education, is one of the principal English-speaking international sections in the western suburbs of Paris. It is comprised of over 230 international students at four sites and ranging in age from 5 (GS) to 18 years old (Terminale). It is managed by an Executive Committee, elected by the Association des Parents d’Elèves de la SEction Britannique (APESEB), families in the Section.
The Section Internationale follows the French national curriculum. At the secondary level, English Language and Literature as well as History-Geography are taught by six native English teachers. At the primary level, English and Science are taught by seven native English teachers. Students have six to eight hours of Section Internationaleclasses a week, and graduating seniors earn the French Baccalaureate International Option (OIB).
To learn more about our Section, visit our website: https://www.sectioninternationale.org.
· Act as global coordinator;
· Direct the daily management of the Section Internationale within the required academic and legal frameworks;
· Manage the relationships and communication between the Executive Committee and the teaching and administrative teams;
· Manage the relationships and communication with parents and students;
· Work in close collaboration with the Primary headteacher;
· Initiate and lead new projects for the benefit of the Section;
Teaching and academics:
· Direct and implement pedagogical goals, including curriculum and trips;
· Teach two to four hours a week at the secondary level;
· Manage resource planning, timetables, replacements, class cancellations, etc;
Representation and community:
· Represent the Section Internationale at all types of events;
· Manage the partnership with the school heads (two collège Principals, one lycée Proviseur) at the different sites where the Section operates;
· Interface, when necessary, with the local government and French national education system to support and develop the Section’s activity;
· Participate in monthly Executive Committee meetings and the Annual General Meeting;
· Work in close collaboration to support:
· Admissions: enrollment, class numbers, testing, etc;
· Operations and HR: recruitment, contracts, staff issues, training needs, budgeting, etc;
Core competencies and qualifications:
· A university degree in education or related field;
· Experience with OIB and an understanding of the French education system;
· Strong communication, pastoral and relationship-building skills;
· A minimum of seven years’ experience and leadership roles in teaching in international curriculum schools;
· Experience leading academic teams;
· Excellent written and spoken English;
· Proficiency in spoken and written French.
The salary is competitive but dependent upon the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. Benefits will include supplemental health insurance coverage and tuition discounts of children admitted to the Section.
Position category according to the Convention Collective de l’Enseignement Privé Indépendant: Statut Cadre.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should apply to email@example.com (for the attention of Elise Barth) enclosing a cover letter explaining why you would be a good candidate for the position, a current resume and a list of three references.
The closing date for applications is 31 January 2022.